Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday's Thoughts - 11/30/2012

Daily Thought: The last day of November and the Feast of St. Andrew an apostle and the brother of St. Peter. I have to say the line that caught my attention in the scriptures for today's feast comes from St. Paul's letter to the Romans, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!" Being a preacher my hope always is to bring the good news and I think I have been successful most of the time. Yet, it is not just preachers who bring the good news it is all of us. Yesterday was a great example of that, a picture of an NYPD officer in Times Square stopping to give a homeless man a new pair of shoes. It is a picture that millions saw on the Internet, that evening news programs showed. The officer brought the good news not only to the homeless man but to all of us. Perhaps as we live life today let us do so by bringing the good news to the world any way we can, with our voices, our actions, our lives. Let us believe in God's love with our heart and live it today and always!

Daily Prayer: Humbly we pray O God, make us fishers of people today that we might believe with our hearts and proclaim with our voices the Good News. Help us to be people in love with our God so that we may do great things and become powerful apostles for you! Amen!

Runner's Thought: Lay the groundwork for a lifetime of running in the presence of God. Run with God today!

Have a great Friday everyone! If you get a chance could you say a prayer for me, I am struggling with my voice and I begin a parish mission tomorrow. Say a little prayer I find my voice by tomorrow afternoon that I might bring the good news! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment