Monday, November 25, 2013

Daily Thoughts - 11/25/2013


Daily Thoughts: Friends, sorry that I have not connected with you over the last couple of days! My only excuse is that my plate if a bit full these days with ministry, Thanksgiving and Passionist life. I have been at my computer all day except for a short trip to the Post Office and a little nourishment so I can keep going.

Why is it that everything always seems to happen at once. I can go along for weeks without much to do and then wham - time, energy and work comes at you from all sides. All of a sudden everything need to happen at once. I swear I was not procrastinating but a few other people were and now I pay the price! Ain't life sweet!

Let me say though that all of you have not been far from my thoughts even in my busyness! I wanted to at least send you a thought or two today and you too begin to journey through this week to Thanksgiving!

I ran across a little prayer or blessing the other day now I am not sure whether it comes from the writings of St. Therese of Liseaux or St.Teresa of Ávila. I have not been able to find a clear source. However no matter who it came from it is a nice thought and I share it with you today. You might say it is my Daily Thought, Prayer and Blessing all rolled into one... 

Loving God I prayer for my family and friends today. I pray for all who ask me to pray for them or to remember a prayer request that they have. I pray for all who are in need of prayer today. What follows Lord, is my prayer for them - so please bless them with your presence however they may need it today. For all in need of prayer...

May today there be peace within you.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us. Today - Amen!
Loving God bless my family, friends and all in need today with this prayer!

Have a restful and peaceful evening everyone! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment