Saturday, February 15, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 02/15/2014



Daily Thought: A few thoughts for a Saturday…
“Faith is not for overcoming obstacles; it is for experiencing them—all the way through!” (Fr. Richard Rohr, OFM)

“Instead of imposing new obligations, (Christians) should appear as people who wish to share their joy, who point to a horizon of beauty and who invite others to a delicious banquet.” (Pope Francis)

“Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential.
Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” (Blessed John XXIII)

“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” (Meister Eckhart)

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Daily Prayer:
Dear God,
I am so afraid to open my clenched fists!
Who will I be when I have nothing left to hold on to?
Who will I be when I stand before you with empty hands?
Please help me to gradually open my hands
and to discover that I am not what I own,
but what you want to give me.” (Henri J.M. Nouwen)

Runner’s Thoughts: "It's important to know that at the end of the day it's not the medals you remember. What you remember is the process -- what you learn about yourself by challenging yourself, the experiences you share with other people, the honesty the training demands -- those are things nobody can take away from you whether you finish twelfth or you're an Olympic Champion." (Silken Laumann, Canadian Olympian)

Daily Blessing: I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day! This morning I will be leaving Punta Gorda for Inverness, FL where I will begin a mission this evening. I will be at Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Inverness. Please keep the faith community of Our Lady of Fatima and their preacher in your prayers this coming week!

I hope those of you in the Midwest, Northeast and any other place where the weather has been brutal will be getting a break soon. I have to say it has been a gift being here in Florida this last week. I pray that warmth will come to all of our lives soon!

As I set out on my journey today I will pray as I drive that God will bless us all in our endeavors today and that life today and every day will be rich with the gift of God’s presence, a presence we will find in the world around us, in the people we meet and in ourselves. Have a great Saturday and a great weekend everyone. Don’t forget to get God a little time too! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment