Thursday, June 12, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 06/12/2014



Daily Thoughts: I ran across this reflection a little while back and it stayed with me. As I read the readings for mass today it came back to me and I have adapted it to the challenge of today’s Gospel (Matthew 5: 20-26)  - “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is out light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are we NOT to be? We are children of God. Our playing small doesn’t save the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around us. We were born to make visible the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it is all of us!

And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fears, our presence automatically liberates others.

So let us not allow our salt, our flavor, to become insipid. Let’s not allow our anger, our judgmentalness and our struggles with others rule our life. Today let us live as the person that God has created us to be rich in the gifts of faith, hope and love, rich is all that matters to God.” (Adapted from an Unknown Writer)

Have a great day everyone and don’t forget to make a joyful noise with your life today!

Daily Prayer: Loving God, in you is found the fullness of life and unconditional forgiveness and love. We place ourselves in your hands each day, asking that you make holy all that we are, all that we have, and all that we offer you. Keep us firm in our faith and strong in your service. Create in us a new heart, that we might find a peace that always welcomes us home. Amen!

A Runner’s Thoughts: Not every run need to be a search for life’s deeper meanings. Sometimes when we run we need to just “cruise!” Approach your next run with openness to the moment. Try to run unencumbered by the stress and strains of life. Look for the unexpected, look for the expected in a different way. Just cruise with God at your side!

Daily Blessing: Thursday greetings and blessings to everyone! Life seems a bit busy these days, I guess it is all part of life on the road. I always enjoy sitting down and sharing a few thoughts when I can and when my brain wants to work!

As I was sitting in the waiting room of the car dealer today waiting for my car to be serviced I received word from Twitter that I had reached 500 followers. I have been waiting about a week to finally make 500 so I celebrated quietly with a coke. I didn’t want the people sitting with me to think I was nuts. I know 500 followers on Twitter is not a huge amount compared to many but it was a milestone for me. To think that I connect with 500 people by simply sharing my faith and my passion for running is a bit energizing. So now I am shooting for 1,000. It took me about three years to hit 500 so don’t be expecting an announcement anytime soon!

It is a rainy cool day here in Pelham but they are saying the sun will be out for the weekend and Father’s Day.

My prayer of blessing today is that your Thursday has started off well and will continue to be a good day. May God bless your work, your relationships and most importantly you today! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment