Monday, August 18, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 08/18/2014



Daily Thoughts: A sad moment in the Gospel (Matt. 19: 16-22), the young man just cannot let go of the world. He could not respond to Jesus’ call, Jesus’ invitation. There was too much to lose.

Thomas Merton talked about call, vocation in this way, “Discovering vocation does not mean scrambling toward some prize just beyond my reach but accepting the treasure of true self I already possess. Vocation does not come from a voice out there calling me to be something I am not. It comes from a voice in here calling me to be the person I was born to be, to fulfill the original selfhood given me at birth by God.”

Perhaps the young man could not hear the voice within. Perhaps he was too focused on a prize outside himself. Perhaps he really did not know his true self, the treasure that he was.

Two questions for each of us today. Do we know our true self? Do we know and accept the treasure that we are? Have a good Monday everyone and don’t forget to make a joyful noise with your life today!

Daily Prayer:
O Loving God, today we pray three things, to see you more clearly, to love you more dearly, and to follow you more nearly, day by day. Amen! (Adapted from the Godspell Song - Day By Day)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “Running is about finding your inner peace, and so is a life well lived.” (Dean Karnazes)

Daily Blessing: Happy Monday everyone and a prayer of blessings for all! I hope you had a nice weekend and that in the busyness of life you got a little rest and relaxation. I did a little cleaning of my room and got things ready so that I can leave today for Long Beach, New York where I will be helping out in St. Ignatius Martyr Parish for the next 10 days. But I also I did get the chance to just relax and enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon and evening.

With all the violence and anger coming out of Ferguson, MO and other place in the world my prayer of blessing today for all of you is that God will bless you day with peace. That the blessing of peace will be in your travels, your relationships, your activities, your encounters with others, your work and within you!

Have a great Monday everyone and may God bless you with a day gifted by peace, joy, laughter and and much love! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment