Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Daily Thoughts - 10/28/2015



Daily Thoughts: As we celebrate the Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude today, two apostles, two friends of Jesus, the thoughts I would like to offer you today comes from one of my favorite authors, Barbara Brown Taylor. Barbara writes about what it means to be a priest. Her thoughts have given me food for thought recently and so I offer them to you today.

“...a priest is someone willing to stand between a God and a people who are longing for one another's love, turning back and forth between them with no hope of tending either as well as each deserves. To be a priest is to serve a God who never stops calling people to do more justice and love more mercy, and simultaneously to serve people who nine times out of ten are just looking for a safe place to rest. To be a priest is to know that things are not as they should be and yet to care for them the way they are.”

I hope I live up to what it means to be a priest most of the time. I know at times I do fail and I pray that my failures do not hurt others or keep them from God. I do know that things are not as they should be and I hope and pray that I do care for all the way they are!

I have a great Wednesday everyone!

Daily Prayer: God of peace, we bless you and we thank you because you have sent us your beloved Son, Jesus, the source of all peace. Give us hearts open to the needs of all our sisters and brothers, so that we may be better able to build true peace. Remember Father of mercy, all who are in pain, who suffer and die in the cause of a more just and peaceful world. For people of every race, of every creed, of every tongue – may your kingdom come. Amen. (Adapted from a prayer by Pope Paul VI)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “It takes practice and perseverance, but as long as I hold on to my dreams, I know they'll become a reality.” (Florence Griffith Joyner) So to in the spiritual life…prayer takes practice and perseverance and if we hold on to the dream the Kingdom will become a reality in our life!

Daily Blessing: Wednesday blessings and greetings to all. I hope this finds you having a good day if not hang in there it will get better! We are expecting lots of rain here in Pelham today however it hasn’t started yet. It will certain be a good day to be indoors getting work done. I am preparing to hit the road at the end of the week so I need to get my desk cleared. May you be able to run through the rain drops if needed but if not may you feel God’s gentle rain as the grace of God’s presence and love in your heart!

My prayer of blessing today – Loving God, Creator of this new day, bless us so that we may live your truth in everything we do today. That we may express your love to everyone we meet. Touch us with your grace so that we may share our enthusiasm and make each moment better; so that we may give life to our hopes; so that we may walk by faith; so that we may dance and sing to your music of life; so that we will always embrace your blessings and your love and make today and everyday worth remembering. Amen! Have a great Wednesday everyone! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment