Monday, November 30, 2015

Daily Thoughts - 11/30/2015



Daily Thought: Today we celebrate the last day of November and the Feast of St. Andrew an apostle and the brother of St. Peter. A line in St. Paul’s Letter to the Romans caught my attention this morning – “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news!” Being a preacher my hope always is to bring the good news and I think I have been successful most of the time during my years of ministry.



However, it is not just preachers who bring the good news it is all of us. A couple of years ago around this time a picture appeared of a NYPD officer in Times Square stopping to give a homeless man a new pair of shoes. It is a picture that millions saw on the Internet, that evening news programs showed it. The officer brought the good news not only to the homeless man but to all of us.



Perhaps as we live life today let us do so by bringing the good news to the world any way we can, with our voices, our actions, our lives. Let us believe in God's love with our heart and live it today and always!



Blessings to all with the name Andrew on this feast of St. Andrew and may we all have a great first Monday of Advent!



Daily Prayer: O God of all who wait, grace us today with your gift of peace and help us to see, to find, to recognize your gift in ourselves and in all we meet. Grace us with your gift of faith that we might bring healing to each moment of life. Grace us with your hope that we might find you in each person and every moment of life even though we are unworthy to have you enter under our roof! Grace us with your joy in life this day and always! Amen!



A Runner's Thoughts: God does not wait at the finish line; God has entered the race, God is constantly with us in all things and all people. As we run, as we live, our task is simply to recognize that fact and hold it with us!



Daily Blessing: Monday greetings and blessings to all and welcome to the beginning of Advent! I hope your long Thanksgiving weekend was filled with a lot of good food, family, friends and some much needed rest and relaxation. I also hope you were able to enjoy the time and that it wasn’t just about shopping!



As for me, I truly did enjoy my long weekend and I am looking forward to this year’s journey through Advent. I am on jury duty this week however I called in last night and my number was not chosen for today so I will call in again this evening to see whether I have to go tomorrow. I think it is going to be a week of waiting!

It looks to be a fairly nice day here in Pelham. A bit colder than this past week but not too cold. I sense winter is not too far away but we have been blessed in this fall with really nice weather so I guess we cannot complain. I hope it is a nice day by you today.



Have a great Monday friends. May God be with you as you enter this new work week. May God bless all your endeavors today, all your meetings and encounters with others, all your projects, work and responsibilities today. May God bless your travels and your quiet time. May God bless you and all whom you love with a day filled with his grace, hope, joy, love and peace. May God also bless you with a faith-filled journey through this holy season of Advent! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment