Saturday, September 10, 2016

Daily Thoughts - 09/10/2016

Daily Thoughts: In our Gospel from Luke today, Jesus uses images from nature to talk about how our actions reflect who and what we are. Jesus says that “every tree is known by its own fruit.” He encourages us to look at what is in our mind and heart and then compare it with our actions. Actions are the fruits of our thoughts and desires, motivations and interests, joys, pains, and hurts.

However, Jesus goes further. He also challenges us to compare what is in our mind and in our heart with his Word. Jesus invites us to listen to him and allow his word to transform our hearts and minds. Perhaps said a little differently, in our Gospel today Jesus outlines a strategy for us. First of all, he asks us to listen to his Word. Next, Jesus challenges us, to be transformed by his Word. Finally, Jesus challenges us to act, to live in friendship with his Word.

If and when we follow this blueprint we can be sure that our lives will bear plentiful fruit that can be enjoyed by everyone who wanders into our life. Let us live today and with our life bear good fruit!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Daily Prayer:
Take, Lord, and receive
 all my liberty, my memory,
 my understanding, my entire will—
 all that I am and possess.
 You have given all this to me.
 I now return it all to you.
 It is yours now.
 Use these gifts according to your will.
 Give me only your love and your grace.
 That is enough for me, and all that I desire.
(Prayer by St. Ignatius Loyola)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “There are always going to be waves on the surface. Instead of trying to bodysurf or change the tides, the wisest thing to do is dive deeper.” (Kristin Armstrong) So to in the spiritual life…

Daily Blessing: Saturday greetings and blessings to all! I hope your day is starting off well and that you will have a nice relaxing weekend. Our morning here in Pelham is starting off sunny and cloudy and they say it is going to be another hot and humid day. I hope your weather is a little more life giving. May you encounter a day that is both energizing and relaxing!

My prayer of blessing today is that you will have a wonderful Saturday and encounter many blessings and much peace today. My prayer for all of you is that you may be graced by God in whatever you do and may you bring God’s grace to whomever you meet! Work, pray, travel, study, laugh, cry, talk, be silent, be intense or relaxed today rich in the blessing and presence of God. Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment