Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Daily Thoughts - 09/21/2016

Daily Thoughts: I pass along this reflection that I once read for my reflection on this Feast of St. Matthew –
“The call of Matthew, the tax collector, is told in one single verse. The brevity raises many questions and invites speculation. Had Matthew met Jesus, or at least had he heard of him before the encounter? When he got up from his customs post, what did people think? How did the other disciples receive Matthew into the group? We marvel that Matthew could walk away from his familiar way of life so readily and completely. But we must remember: Matthew was not merely walking away from something, he was walking toward someone – Jesus! What have [we] left behind by following Jesus? Jesus many called Matthew a traitor, but you called him a disciple. Help [us] to see the good in someone [we are] struggling with right now.(Sr. Melannie Svoboda, SND – Living with Christ – September 21, 2015)

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Daily Prayer: Grant us, O God, a mind to know you, a heart to seek you, wisdom to find you, conduct pleasing to you, faithful perseverance in waiting for you, and a hope of finally embracing you. Amen.”  (Adapted from a prayer by St. Thomas Aquinas)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “As every runner knows, running is about more than just putting one foot in front of the other; it is about our lifestyle and who we are.” (Joan Benoit Samuelson) And everybody knows, praying is about more than just saying words; it is about our relationship with God, it is about our friendship with God. So let put our friendship with God into who we are today. Let’s pray as we run!

Daily Blessing: Wednesday greetings and blessings to everyone! I hope your day has started off well. It is a rainy early morning here in Kanab and it is to rain most of the day and into tomorrow. However, after Thursday is looks to be beautiful in this part of the world with sun, nice temperatures and no rain. I hope that makes for a good journey for me!

Yesterday day I pick-up my goody bag which also had all my instructions for the end of the week and the race. I also had my American flag and G2G patch sown on my shirt. I repacked my backpack trying to make it more balanced. I have two more days to get things in order before I get inspected on Friday for the race. The inspection will be to see if I have all the required items and the required amount of food. In my packet I got my tent assignment for the race. I will be sharing a tent with eight other people for the seven days of the race. Our tent name is Hualapai. It is the name of a Native American Tribe in the mountains of northwestern Arizona.

As I said above, I hope your day has started off well. My prayer of blessing today is that your Wednesday will be blessed with the richness of God's presence. May God touch you with his grace of faith, hope, love and joy today. May your day be blessed with the gift of faith filled people, wonderful experiences, safe travel and a productive day! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment