Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Thoughts - 11/18/2012

Sunday Thoughts: The reading today are all about the end time. I have to say I am never too excited about this time of the liturgical year with its focus on the end time. What do you say? As Jesus says we do not know when it is coming. We have no control over it. It will come in God's time. So why think about it? Well, I guess Jesus just wants us to be ready, to pay attention to the world around us! I think St. John of the Cross puts it well, "At the end of our life, we shall all be judged by charity. In the twilight of life, God will not judge us on our earthly possessions and human successes, but rather on how much we have loved." - So I guess a good question for our journey of life today is how much do we love?

Sunday Prayer: O God, Author of all life, grace us this day and always with the your bountiful love so that we might not forget our inescapable duty to love others. Help our love to be positive, life giving, inviting, forgiving. patient and inclusive. May our love never be blind to the struggles of this life. May our love always bring us to your peace! - Amen!

Runner's Thought: "I may be getting slower, getting older, losing my hair, my flexibility and have decreasing maximum heart rate, but with the running relativity theory, I'm actually the best I ever was!" - From I Run Therefore I Am - Nuts by Bob Schwartz

Have a peaceful, prayerful and relaxing Sunday! Peace in Christ's Passion, Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment