Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Make a Joyful Noise this Lent!



Dear Friends in the Passion,

Pope Francis has given us a lot of joy over the last year – his infectious smile, his comforting words and his compassion. Last November he issued an apostolic exhortation entitled, Evangelii Gaudium – The Joy of the Gospel. It is a wonderful document that talks about the great joy we have as Christians and that we need to share it. It is a long document, some two hundred pages yet it is readable and understandable.

In many ways, Pope Francis as made a big impact on my life, he has energized me and at the same time challenged me to be a better person of faith, a better Passionist and a better priest. So I have decided to take his advice and share the Joy of the Gospel with everyone I meet. This Lent I am going to take a little journey through his apostolic exhortation.  Each day I will try and find a little nugget of joy within the pages of the Pope Francis’ document and share it with you. Some days it might energize you and some days it might challenge you, but hopefully every day of Lent it will bring a little joy into your life.

There are many resources out there online and in book form to help your journey of Lent but I think taking the 40 days of Lent to reflect on the words of Pope Francis in The Joy of the Gospel is a unique and interesting way to make the journey of Lent.

So why not join me. I will try to be faithful to posting each day giving you a thought by Pope Francis, my own thoughts about what he said and a prayer to complete your meditation for the day. You will be able to find these Lenten musings on this blog (http://preacher-on-the-run.blogspot.com/) or on my web site (www.preacherman.org).

So let’s go on joyful journey this Lent with the words and thoughts of Pope Francis and let’s share a joy noise with everyone we meet!

Peace in Christ Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment