Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 07/23/2014



Daily Thoughts: “Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, [humankind] will have discovered fire.” (Fr. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, S.J.) This is one of my favorite quotes and I thought of it today in terms of the Gospel (Matt. 13:1-9). Perhaps in a different way Jesus is saying to us that when we can get past all the things that seem to get in the way of our relationship with God we will discover love, the good soil. The things of the world are enticing but it is God’s love that makes all the difference!

Have a great Wednesday everyone and don't forget to make a joyful noise with your life today!

Daily Prayer:
Take, Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, understanding, and my entire will.
Antiphon - Give me only Your love and Your grace, that's enough for me. Your love and Your grace, are enough for me.
Take, Lord, receive all I have and possess. You have given all to me, now I return it. (Antiphon)
Take, Lord, receive, all is Yours now. Dispose of it, wholly according to Your will. (Antiphon) – (Song by John Foley, S.J. based on prayer by Saint Ignatius of Loyola)

A Runner’s Thoughts:  Bart Yasso of Runner’s World says, “Never limit where running can take you. I mean that geographically, spiritually, and of course, physically.” And I say especially spiritually!

Daily Blessing: Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope your “Hump Day” has started off well and that you will find the rest of the week downhill so to speak.

It is the seventh day of the novena here at St. Ann’s and all continues to go well. The two preachers are doing a great job and today we have a healing mass at which the Sacrament of the Sick is administered. It is always a moving experience for me. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and know that you are in my prayers each day. 

The weather has certainly changed as it has become hot and humid, there are lots of clouds and they are talking about storms this afternoon or evening. But the good news is that it will turn cooler again tomorrow

I hope your week is going well and that you are encountering interesting things in your own life. We all cannot be celebrities or travel around the world but all of our lives are important and special. All of our lives give us the chance to encounter God and bring God to others all of our lives are a gift!

May God's blessings be upon your life today and as you live out this day may you come to know that you are loved and that you bring the love and grace of God to others. Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment