Friday, July 31, 2015

Daily Thoughts - 07/31/2015



Daily Thoughts: The Gospel reading today focus on the human struggle, lack of faith. Often times we think we know what is right. We think we know what is best for ourselves and those around us. We think we know what God wants. Then someone comes along, like a Rosa Parks, a St. John XXIII, a Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a Thomas Merton, a Blessed Mother Teresa, a Blessed Oscar Romero, a Pope Francis and they point us in a different direction, sometimes telling us we are headed down the wrong path, but always showing us just where God can be found.

We don’t like to be wrong and we are not always excited to have someone ruin our plans after all what do they know about us, about our life, about our faith. We might not put them to death like the Israelites often did to their prophets but we often reject their way of thinking, their insights, their spirits, the gift of their faith, hope and love. We call to mind tradition, dogma, or doctrine. We point to order, cost and what makes us comfortable. We at times dismiss them as misguided and unimportant or we point to their faults and failings.

When we do this like the people of Nazareth we make it almost impossible to God to work in our lives. We make it impossible for the ordinary things in life to become extraordinary.

O God, in your great love keep us always open to the voices of your Word and strengthen our faith so we will always recognize your presence amongst us!

In the words of St. Ignatius Loyola whose feast we celebrate today let us, “Laugh and grow strong” today! Friday blessings to all!

Daily Prayer:
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all I have and call my own. You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it. Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace that is enough for me. (St. Ignatius of Loyola)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “Struggling and suffering are the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not demanding more from yourself - expanding and learning as you go - you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip.” (Dean Karnazes)

Daily Blessing: Friday greetings and blessings to everyone! I hope this find you well and enjoying your morning and looking forward to the rest of your day!

Today is the Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola the founder of the Jesuits so I send a shout out to Pope Francis and all Jesuits today – Happy Feast Day – many blessings and much peace to all!

I would especially like to remember Fr. Ron Windmueller, S.J. and Fr. Chet Gator, S.J. both of whom have passed on but through their friendship during my St. Louis days helped to make my vocation possible because they shared the treasure of God’s Kingdom with me. And Fr. Louis Padovano, S.J. who also has passed but who often showed me the light of God’s grace when I founded myself in darkness. Rest in peace with God my good Jesuit friends!

Finally I sent a shout out, on this last day of July, to all of you who follow me and who are part of my life. May God, who formed you in your mother’s womb, who breathed life into you, who gifted the world with your present, hold you once again in his loving hands as you journey through this day. May God bless you with the gift of a joy filled day. May God bless you with the gift of his presence that you will share with everyone you meet and may God keep you safe and return you home to those you love for a peaceful night! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment