Sunday, August 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts - 08/09/2015



Daily Thoughts: “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” (St. Francis of Assisi) These words from St. Francis seem to sit at the center of our readings today.

In our first reading from the First Book of Kings we encounter a moment in the struggles of Elijah the prophet. Once Elijah starts doing what is necessary and possible in his life he finds himself engaged in impossible. In our Gospel from John, Jesus reminds us to do what is necessary and possible because if we do then what seems impossible will become the very substance of our life.

Friends work at what is necessary and possible in your life so that God can lead you to the impossible. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Daily Prayer: O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage, and strength to serve you. Enkindle your love in me and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me. I do not see very far ahead, but when I have arrived where the horizon now closes down, a new prospect will open before me, and I shall meet it with peace. Amen, (Prayer by St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “I had begun to think of myself not just as someone who runs, but as a runner, the difference being that this wasn't just something that I did; it was who I was.” (Jeffrey Horowitz)

Daily Blessing: Sunday blessings and greetings to all. I hope your Sunday has started off well. It is the beginning of another beautiful day here in Sag Harbor. Make sure you make a little time for God today as you enjoy the gift of a summer Sunday!

Please continue to keep the retreatants and directors in your prayers. The retreat continues to go well as we find ourselves beginning the sixth day of retreat. A retreat is a special time of grace and blessing.

My prayer today is that God will blessed all of you with a beautiful day, one in which you will celebrate the gift of life with family, friends and people who enjoy life. May you be blessed with a day that is fun and filled with moments and people of joy and hope. May you be blessed with a day of rest and enjoyment. Please know as always, you are in my prayers. Be safe if you are out and about. Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment