Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Tuesday's Thoughts - 12/04/2012

Daily Thought: Did you ever take time to watch little children? Recently I spent time with my two grand nieces. I was with them for about four days so I had some quality time with them and while they had me involved in their life periodically during my stay other times I was able to sit back and just watch them. It amazed me at how they could take almost anything and make it into a play toy. My littlest niece Kristina, age almost 3, played for hours with board games, like Risk, Trivial Pursue, and others that she had no understanding of, yet there was a joy and contentment on her face as she moved the games pieces around the board talking and sometimes singing to herself. Both of my nieces allowed their imaginations to enliven their lives each day.

I reflected on this experience with my nieces as I read Jesus' words in the Gospel today. I believe God truly reveals many things to children that we adults miss. Children know the joy and the love of God. Through their imaginations I truly believe they see the hidden gifts of God. We can learn a lot from children, if we let them be children and if we stop to watch and celebrate the gift of their presence in our life.

Children also keep alive the hope that Isaiah talks about in the first reading today. If we use our imagination as children do we will be able to see the wonderful life that Isaiah envisions, where the wolf will be the guest of the lamb and the leopard shall lie down with the kid... We will encounter the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, counsel, knowledge, strength and wonder and awe! In other words we will encounter a world were justice and peace flourishes. Yes, I know it seem far fetched but perhaps all it takes from us adults is a little imagination!

Daily Prayer: Loving God, helps us today to embrace your Gospel with imagination seeing a world touched by your presence and love.May we be your prophets who by our words, our works, our faith and our imagination keep alive your gift of hope within this struggling world! Amen!

Runner's Thought: Run today with imagination so that each stride brings you closer the wonder of God's presence in your life.

It is the second day of the parish mission at Holy Name of Mary in Croton on Hudson, NY. Day 1 was a wonderful experience, there was a great spirit at each mission service, I look for more of the same today! Again, if you are in the area stop in and celebrate with us, if not say a little prayer for the preacher and all who attend!

Have a great Tuesday...Happy Birthday to my nephew, James, I hope your finals are not too stressful! Imagine a world of peace today! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment