Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Advent! Sunday's Thoughts - 12/02/2021

Daily Thought: I find one of my favorite lines in the Scripture in today's Gospel. "But when these signs happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand." Now this might seem strange to you, and I have to say I might not say it in the same words, but I believe what Jesus is getting at is to be hopeful, confident and proud (good kind of pride) in your faith, in your relationship with God. I might say it this way, "Stand up straight, stick out your chest, hold your head high be ready for God's presence in your life!"

Awhile ago during the synod on the New Evangelization that was held in Rome one of the cardinals said that we need this New Evangelization because we are embarrassed by our faith. I took offence to that. I have never been embarrassed by my faith. I have been embarrassed by some of our leadership. I have been embarrassed by the institution, I have been embarrassed by the actions of some people, I have been embarrassed by my own actions at times but I have never been embarrassed by my faith, my belief in God and my relationship with God. I want to stand up straight, with my chest out and my head held high and believe!

Advent is a new beginning, a time of hopefulness, a time to look at the trials, tribulations, struggles, disappointments, difficulties of life and say "I believe, We believe!" May we take the words of the scriptures to heart today and everyday throughout this Advent Season and make ready to "Believe" once again in our Faithful and Loving God!

Daily Prayer: Almighty and Ever Living God, grant us your faithful people the firm resolve to run forth to meet Christ by living life with love for one another. Strengthen our hearts so that we may always when called stand straight, with our chests out and our heads up because we believe! Amen!

Runners' Thought: "When running [when life] harder, when you get tired, when you are climbing a steep hill, these are reminders to come home to your breath, to your awareness of God." - Roger Joslin

Happy Advent Everyone! Happy New Church Year! Have a great Sunday and don't forget to take a little time with God, Family and Friends today! Blessings on all your endeavors this week! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

PS I am giving an Advent Parish Mission this week from Monday to Wednesday at Holy Name of Mary Parish in Croton-on-Hudson, NY. If you are in the area stop in and celebrate with us, if not a few prayers for the preacher would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment