Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent Week II - Friday - 12/14/2012

Daily Thought: Each time I read today's Gospel I think of the phrase, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time!" I can also hear Jesus say, "but can I just please somebody!"

The fact is Jesus did please people, but his mission wasn't about pleasing people it was about helping, challenging, enlivening and gracing people. Sometimes these values of faith don't please in the way we expect. Life remains a struggle however if we come through the struggle freedom and God's Love is waiting.

There will always be people in life who don't like anything. We have met them, nothing that gets done or is suggested is ever right. We say black, they say white. Perhaps the challenge of today's readings is to not become one of these people. The voice of God comes to us in many different ways. Sometimes it is the voice of John calling for repentance and forgiveness, other times it is the voice of Jesus offering acceptance, compassion and love. The challenge is to let God's wisdom guide and direct us so that we hear God's voice when God speaks and act so that it transforms our lives!

Daily Prayer: Loving God, fill us with your wisdom today that we might hear your voice when it comes to us even when we do not understand. Help us not to be people who reject but people who are open to the many ways and voices of your love! Amen!

Runner's Thought: Feel the touch of God in your run today no matter if the run is a struggle touched with pain or strong and life giving!

Thank God It Is Friday...blessings to everyone. I hope you can make it through the day and enjoy a weekend with some rest and relaxation. I will be traveling today so I ask your prayer that my travel will be safe. I hate to leave the warmth and beauty of this place but that is life and I am sure my next adventure will be a graced experience also! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment