Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Daily Thoughts - 10/30/2013

Daily Thoughts: “To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything [God] has given us - and [God] has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of [God’s] love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from [God].

Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God. For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is what makes all the difference.” (Thomas Merton)

Gratitude is my word, is my thought for the day. I am grateful to my parents for the gift of life, for the wisdom, guidance, disciplined and love that formed me into the man that I am today. I am profoundly grateful for the gift of faith that they shared with me it has made all the difference. All of their gifts to me came from God who was intimately part of their lives from beginning to end.

Today I am grateful to St. Paul for his words in his Letter to the Romans, “The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit intercedes with inexpressible groanings.” (Roman 8:26) On this second anniversary of my mother’s passing I am not sure how to pray and so I trust in the Spirit to say what needs to be said. I trust in the spirit of my Mother and Father to keep me always grateful, to keep me always faithful, to keep me always on the right path because I know that all things work for the good for those who love God and Mom and Dad truly loved God!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Daily Prayer: Good Saint Rita, during your entire life on earth you found your happiness by following the will of God. Help us to be as trusting of God in all of what God asks of us this day and always. Help us this day to give ourselves to God as you did, without limit, without fear, without counting the cost. Help us to be generous in serving the needs of others, patient in all difficulties, forgiving toward all who hurt us. Help us to learn more deeply the great mystery of the cross of Jesus, so that by embracing it as you did, we may come to experience its power to heal and to save. Amen (Adapted from a Prayer to St. Rita of Cascia)

Runner’s Thoughts: Four days to the NYC Marathon and so my words of inspiration and faith for today are – “Running isn't a sport for pretty boys...It's about the sweat in your hair and the blisters on your feet. It’s the frozen spit on your chin and the nausea in your gut. It's about throbbing calves and cramps at midnight that are strong enough to wake the dead. It's about getting out the door and running when the rest of the world is only dreaming about having the passion that you need to live each and every day with. It's about being on a lonely road and running like a champion even when there's not a single soul in sight to cheer you on. Running is all about having the desire to train and persevere until every fiber in your legs, mind, and heart is turned to steel. And when you've finally forged hard enough, you will have become the best runner you can be. And that's all that you can ask for.” (Paul Maurer, The Gift - A Runner's Story) And if you add the word faith alongside the word running you have a picture of a runner and a person of faith!

Daily Blessing: I pray that everyone’s has begun well, if not please know you have been in my prayers since very early this morning. I celebrated mass in memory of my mother very early this morning and I asked her to bless us with her heavenly spirit today, so if things are going well trust that they will get better!

My prayer of blessing for everyone today is adapted from a prayer known as Saint Patrick's Breastplate – I ask God’s blessing be upon all of us today so that Christ will be with us; Christ will be before us; Christ will be behind us; Christ will be in us; Christ will be beneath us; Christ will be above us; Christ will be on our right; Christ will be on our left; Christ will be where we lie; Christ will be where we sit; Christ will be where we arise; Christ will be in the hearts of every person who thinks of us; Christ will be in the mouth of every person who speaks of us; Christ will be in every eye that sees us; Christ will be in every ear that hears us; God’s blessings through Christ be upon all of us this day! Have a great day everyone. Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment