Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 08/05/2014

Daily Thought: It was a long day yesterday but well worth it. I felt my father's presence as I walked through Lourdes yesterday afternoon and evening. I could not help but picture him some seventy plus years ago standing perhaps in the same place I was. He too was making a pilgrimage of sorts at the time. It was the middle of World War II. His thoughts were of getting home safely and starting a family. He asked Mary for her help. He made it home and I was standing here yesterday because of his prayer and his faith.

It was very moving to walk through the streets of Lourdes, to stop and pray near the Grotto. I found myself wandering into the Sacrament of Reconciliation,. I found myself standing amongst many other pilgrimages with tears in my eyes, just feeling very thankful and in the presence of Mary and God!

It was profoundly moving to walk and pray in the candle light procession last night. I ended my long day by making my way back to the Grotto last night around midnight a beautiful and faith filled conclusion to a long day!

We have mass in the Chapel of St. Ann which is located in the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception this morning and we tour Lourdes and once again have the afternoon free. 


All of you continue to be in my prayers especially in this holy place. Have a great day everyone and may you be blessed with the richness of God's grace and love as you journey through our day today! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment