Saturday, August 9, 2014

Daily Thoughts and a Blessing - 08/09/2014

Daily Thoughts: Good morning everyone! I trust at this moment you are in the midst of a nice restful night but I am up and getting ready for another full day in France. 

We had a wonderful day yesterday beginning with mass in the Chapel of St. Bernadette in the Convent of St. Gildard of the Sisters of Charity of Nevers. St. Bernadette's body is in repose in the chapel. It is a beautiful little chapel and it was a moving celebration of the Eucharist. There is also a little Grotto outside the chapel where I lit four candles, one for my sister, Bernadette, one for my grand niece, Emilia Bernadette, and one each for my mother and father. There is also a little museum about St. Bernadette. It was just a nice way to begin our day. 

Next we walked down into the middle of Nevers to the Cathedral of St. Cyr and Ste. Judith. These two saints were mother and son martyred in the 3rd Century during the Roman persecutions. After visiting the cathedral we had time to walk around and see the city and get lunch. After lunch we journey some 300 km to the town of Tours which is where we will begin our journey today.

We will be visiting two rather famous castles today, the Chateau De Chenonceau and the Chateau D'Amboise. We will be having mass this afternoon the Church of Notre Dame La Ricche back in Tours where we will spent our second night.

So a wonderful day yesterday. In our free time I made my way back the St. Bernadette's Chapel for a little more time of prayer. It is a very peaceful place. There is a retreat house on the grounds and I have the though of returning to make a retreat some day!

Daily Blessing: Well friends as you rise this morning I hope you will be having a great day! In my journeys I pray that God will bless your Saturday with much grace, much rest and relaxation and much peace. May your day be blessed with the richness of family, friends and life. From on the Road in France - Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul  

















No comments:

Post a Comment