Friday, August 8, 2014

Daily Thoughts from France - 08/08/2014

Daily Thoughts: Good morning everyone! While most of you are fast asleep we are beginning a new day of pilgrimage. Yesterday was a long bus ride from Lourdes to Nevers. We first celebrated mass in Lourdes and then boarded to bus about 9 am and arrived in Nevers at about 6:30 pm with a few stops to stretch our legs and get nourishment along the way. 

Today is the last part of our journey that touches on the gift of Lourdes as we trace the final footsteps of St. Bernadette. I don't know if my father passed through Nevers during the war but I think I will sense his spirit today as he was so proud of his daughter, Bernadette. It will truly be a morning in the spirit of God, Mary, Bernadette and my Dad in Nevers.

Now Nevers, France is the town where St. Bernadette spent the last 13 years of her life with the Sisters of Charity of Nevers. She is buried in Nevers, in fact this morning we will be celebrating mass in the Chapel of St. Bernadette where her uncorrupted body is buried. It will be a special morning as I will remember in a special way my sister Bernadette and my grand niece Emilia Bernadette in a special way at mass. I will remember all those named Bernadette or who look to St, Bernadette in a special way.

After mass will be get a walking tour of the convent where St. Bernadette lived the last years of her life, the town of Nevers and then get a little lunch. After  a little nourishment it will be back on the bus for a three hour trip to Tours, France where we will spend the next two nights.  


Daily Blessing: My prayers remain with all of you as I make this wonderful journey. I pray today for blessings upon your day, wherever you might find yourself. May God bless your day with much grace and many opportunities to encounter God's presence in the things you do, in the people you meet and in yourself! May your day be rich in faith, hope, joy and much love! Peace in Christ's Passion...Fr. Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment