Thursday, September 17, 2015

Daily Thoughts - 09/17/2015



Daily Thoughts: “If I wait to be perfect before I love myself I will always be unsatisfied and ungrateful. If I wait until all the flaws, chips, and cracks disappear
I will be the cup that stands on the shelf and is never used” (Joyce Rupp)

May we live our life remembering that God is a merciful God, always willing to forgive. As we learn in the Gospel today it is our faith that will save us, so let us trust in God today, be faithful in living our life and know that God will bless us with peace.

A little wisdom to begin your day with. Have a great Thursday everyone!

Daily Prayer: Loving God, sometimes we look in the mirror we are not too happy with what I see. We see imperfection, self-centeredness and ego. Please help us to see the person you created in your own image and likeness, a person of beauty, compassion and love. Help us to hold this image in our mind and heart as we live the journey of life in our own unique way. Allow others to see your image within us as we live with confidence, grace and a smile on our face. Amen.

A Runner’s Thoughts: “The task ahead of you is never greater than the strength within you.” (Unknown)  Our journey of faith through life is never without the presence of God.

Daily Blessing: Thursday greetings and blessings to everyone! From the morning sky outside my office window it looks to be another beautiful September day. I hope that is true were you are too.

Well the day might be starting out rather nice it will be a busy one for me as I get ready to hit the road again. Tomorrow we have the first taping of our new season for the Sunday Mass and then once that is finished I will head to Sag Harbor, NY to begin a weekend retreat for women. On Sunday I will leave Sag Harbor and head to Tarrytown, NY to begin a week long retreat for sisters and the end of which I will fly to Halifax, Nova Scotia for a parish mission at Saint Augustine's Parish in Chester, Nova Scotia. So today I need to get things in order for the next few weeks and packed at least for my first two journeys. In the midst of all my preparations today I have mass at a local assisted living home.

In the midst of all the busyness of life I am happy for the gifts of life, ministry and faith. My prayer for all you today is that God will touch your day whether it is a busy one or not with many blessings. May God bless your work, your travels, the people you encounter, the people you love and you with the grace to find hope, joy and love in life this day. Please know as you live life today you are in my prayers! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment