Thursday, July 31, 2014

Daily Thoughts - 07/31/2014



Daily Thoughts: I have always liked the image that we find in today’s reading from the Prophet Jeremiah, “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand….”

What a wonderful image of God creating us. We can trace this image back to Genesis and the story of creation, God creating humankind out of the clay of the earth and then breathing life into us. In this section from Jeremiah the focus is on God’s relationship with Israel yet we can also connect it to ourselves.

The act of God creating us, forming us, making us the individuals that we are, giving us our own gifts and talents. When a potter sits down at the wheel what is created is unique, one of a kind. Yes, other works can look similar but each work, each creation of the potter is distinctive and so are we!

The challenge is to believe in our uniqueness, in our specialness and to live the journey, the life that God has created us to life with faith, hope, joy and love! Let us celebrate our uniqueness today and share it with all we meet!

In the words of St. Ignatius Loyola whose feast we celebrate today let us, “Laugh and grow strong” today!

Thursday blessings to all!

Daily Prayer:
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all I have and call my own. You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it. Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace, that is enough for me. (St. Ignatius of Loyola)

A Runner’s Thoughts: “Struggling and suffering are the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not demanding more from yourself - expanding and learning as you go - you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip.” (Dean Karnazes)

Daily Blessing: Happy Thursday everyone! I hope this find you well and enjoying your morning and looking forward to the rest of your day!

Today is the Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola the founder of the Jesuits so I send a shout out to Pope Francis and all Jesuits today – Happy Feast Day – many blessings and much peace to all!

I would especially like to remember Fr. Ron Windmueller, S.J. and Fr. Chet Gator, S.J. both of whom have passed on but through their friendship during my St. Louis days helped to make my vocation possible because they shared the treasure of God’s Kingdom with me. And Fr. Louis Padovano, S.J. who also has passed but who often showed me the light of God’s grace when I founded myself in darkness. Rest in peace with God my good Jesuit friends!

Finally I sent a shout out, on this last day of July, to all of you who follow me and who are part of my life. May God, the Eternal Potter, who formed you in your mother’s womb, who breathed life into you, who gifted the world with your present, hold you once again in his loving potter’s hands as you journey through this day. May God bless you with the gift of a joy filled day. May God bless you with the gift of his presence that you will share with everyone you meet and may God keep you safe and return you home to those you love for a peaceful night! Peace in Christ’s Passion…Fr. Paul

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to those who shared the treasure of Gods kingdom with you and for sharing the light light of Gods grace with you in darkness our father in heaven provides us with treasures as such in our lives gifts others who carry us along the way in such moments some chosen for perhaps a visit and some for the duration gifts to bring us to the light of the kingdom ironically my child wrote this yesterday and I wanted to share this with those who are in your following and journey "in God's kingdom everyone is worthy, everyone is his child all loved and his treasure" blessed be all our run. Amen

    ReplyDelete